May 26, 2012

Brown Sugar Scrub


I tried out a recipe I came across for a brown sugar scrub. It was so easy to throw together and made my skin feel so nice and soft, even added a little glow! I found the recipe here. I thought it needed a little something more by way of scent though. I made two different batches, one using peppermint extracts and another using vanilla and almond extracts. Both smelled amazing. I can't wait to try this out again experimenting with different scented oils. 

I made this scrub for a Young Women's activity (I teach the young women in my church). I taught the girls how to make their own brown sugar body scrubs. They got to make them for their moms for Mother's Day! The girls loved making them and they were such a hit that a week later some of them were asking me to help them make more! This makes such a great inexpensive gift! Try it, I promise you will love it!




Brown Sugar Scrub


1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
peppermint oil (or use whatever oil you like best)

Combine all ingredients. Place in a cute jar.


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment